Saturday, February 27, 2010

Spring Cleaning!

Good Morning Blog Land,

So, it isn't really spring in Philly right now, seeing as there is still about eight inches of snow on the ground. But hopefully It's right around the corner!

This morning my Mom is going to an exercise class at my church and she told me, "AJ, I'd like you to clean your room." Not the first thing one wants to hear on a saturday morning, but my room is an absolute mess. It could definitely use some cleaning.

Once, I had one of my best friends, Steph, come over to my house to help me clean up my room. What are best friends for, right? Right? Ok, so yeah maybe I use my friends for my own devices, but that's not the point. My room was at it's messiest and I could tell we could use some music to pump us up. The radio was in the next room, I turned from my room to get it, I said, "Hold on, let me get my..." Before I could say "radio", my ever-sarcastic friend finished my sentence with, "shovel?" So much for that day, we did more goofing off than cleaning, and my room didn't have a scratch on it by three 'o' clock. Needless to say, I clean my room by myself now.

I have a routine with the cleaning of my room. I clean it until it shines, then slowly let the clothes and trash pile up. By the end of week one, a couple shirts are hanging out on the closet floor. By the end of week three, I can't find my earring under a pile of clothes. The end of week five, well you get the point. It's pretty bad now, I'd like to say I use it as an obstacle course to keep me fit, but I trip over stuff more than exercise.

Well, it's time for me to get to work.

In Yeshua's Name,
AJ Spritely <3

ps. I dedicate this post to my BFF Jenn, who inspired this blog only yesterday!

2 comments:

  1. LOL i can be OCD sometimes...so if I came over your house...I would probably just start cleaning your room! =D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of my blog! I monitor the comments, so if you cuss or say something mean, I will not post the comment. Thanks! AJ